In an effort to ensure the safety of children around pools; stringent Pool Fencing Requirements are in place throughout NSW. Brush Fences are Pool Compliant and an ideal fencing option to have around the perimeter of your property.
The Pool Compliance laws stipulate that most residential homes are to ensure they have compliant pool fencing. Legally Pool owners are required to meet the standards. According to NSW Fair Trading; in NSW, a pool fence must:
- be at least 1.2m high (as measured from the finished ground level)
- not leave a gap at the bottom bigger than 10cm from the finished ground level
- not have gaps of more than 10cm between any vertical bars in the fence
- if containing horizontal climbable bars, have these spaced at least 90cm apart.
To prevent children climbing over fencing into the pool area, the laws require pool owners to make sure they maintain a ‘non-climbable zone’ (90cm) around the pool. This zone is measured in an arc shape from the top of the pool fence arching towards the ground. It also includes the space extending 30cm inside the pool area.
Brush Fences offer an ideal Pool Compliant Fencing Option:
- They cannot be climbed.
- A child cannot get through the brush.
- The fence can be altered to be higher in certain areas; for example, around pool equipment so that it isn’t climbable.
- Brush Fencing is versatile to meet the changing land conditions and/or to manoeuvre around obstacles.
In addition to this, Brush Fences offer a visually appealing fence that will add to the appeal of your pool. The Brush Fence provides privacy, wind and sound protection and is a durable fence to have around your pool.
If you need a Pool Compliant Fence contact us to find out about a Pool Compliant Brush Fence